Do you want to know which are the most common pests found around the home?
Take a look at Ikari's list of the Top 5 Pests most commonly found in Malaysian properties.
Ikari are the experts in pest control. Our professional services protect your home and family from the wily ways of pests. For the ultimate peace of mind, find out more about our Year Round Protection Plan, which gives you absolute protection.
- Termites by far is the most threatening and cause horrific damages to building structure, according to studies and research, annual damage and treatment cost approximately $ 5 billion worldwide. Termites do not rest and they work 24 hours a day and they can quickly lead to costly repair and structural failure.
- Rats have been estimated to damage more than 1% of the world cereal crops; an estimated 49% of structural electrical damages are cause by rat bites. Apart from its nuisance, rodents transmit lethal viruses such as leptospirosis, plague and the lists goes on. Rats multiplies fast, a pair of rodent left un-treated may multiply up to 2,100+ off springs within a year!
- Mosquitoes is the world’s deathliest pests, it is estimated by WHO to take away 725,000 human lives each year and a staggering 200 million people temporarily incapacitated alone. Mosquitoes transmit lethal diseases such as malaria, dengue, chikungunya and so forth.
- Cockroaches existed in earth since the dinosaur era, with their nature habitat to survive in almost any challenging conditions, they are by far one of the nastiest enemies for food operators and households. It is said that the cockroaches will inherit the earth in the event of nuclear warfare.
- Flies have a mobile head with a large compound eyes and mouthparts designed for piercing and sucking for foods. There are more than 120,000 species of flies have been described by science. Flies are by far one of the fastest multiplication on earth. They transmit diseases such as Typhoid fever, E.Coli, Cholera and approximately 100 over other diseases.