IKARI Fumigation Services:
IKARI offers a wide range of fumigation services, from food industries, container fumigation, tobacco, vessels and building fumigation.
In response to the high quarantine risk posed by ineffective fumigation treatments performed offshore, AQIS developed the Australian Fumigation Accreditation Scheme (AFAS).
- a management system run by participating overseas government agencies to ensure continued compliance of fumigators with the requirements of the AQIS Methyl Bromide Fumigation Standard.
- a training and accreditation system for fumigators and regulatory officers.
- a registration system for fumigation companies.
- acceptance by Australia of fumigation certificates issued under AFAS.
AFAS’ objectives are to:
- Provide capacity building assistance to overseas regulatory officers, in respect to registering, monitoring and auditing fumigation companies.
- Improve the technical expertise of overseas fumigators and regulatory officers by providing world’s best practice methyl bromide fumigation training.
- Assist fumigators tp maintain a high standard of fumigation performance and compliance with AQIS requirements.
Fumigation companies that competently demonstrate they have the necessary equipment to perform effective fumigation treatments and have at least one AFAS–accredited fumigator present at all fumigations on cargo destined for Australia, are eligible to be AFAS registered.
SPM 15 stands for International Standards for Phytosanitary Measures No. 15. ISPM 15 is developed by the International Plant Protection Convention (IPPC) that directly addresses the need to treat wood materials of a thickness greater than 6mm, used to ship products between countries. Its main purpose is to prevent the international transport and spread of disease and insects that could negatively affect plants or ecosystems. ISPM 15 affects all wood packaging material (pallets, crates, dunnages, etc.) requiring that they be debarked and then heat treated or fumigated with methyl bromide and stamped or branded, with a mark of compliance. This mark of compliance is colloquially known as the “wheat stamp”. Products exempt from the ISPM 15 are made from alternative material, like paper, plastic or wood panel products (i.e. OSB, hardboard, and plywood).
IKARI has been providing fumigation services in Malaysia since 1981, we are capable and specialize in fumigation of all kinds, such as ships/ vessels fumigation, AFAS fumigation, container fumigation, factory fumigation, soil fumigation, air-craft fumigation, tobacco industry, building fumigation and so forth.
Base on your business nature and size, IKARI is able to customize the correct application and the optimum fumigant to meet your requirement as well as International Standards.
IKARI holds strong track record in fumigation industry as well as network throughout countries with International Standards requirement.